Keeping Your Focus: Preventing Distracted Driving
Often times, distracted driving can lead to dangerous, and even fatal, consequences. As a responsible driver, paying attention to the road and the safety of yourself and those around you should be your number one priority behind the wheel. Below are some tips on how you can prevent distracted driving.
- Do not talk on the phone, text, or look down at your smart phone.
- If you absolutely must conduct a conversation, use a hands-free device and speed dial.
- Do not put on make-up or fix your hair in the rearview mirror.
- Keep the level of conversations and music at a low volume.
- Never allow animals to sit on your lap while driving.
- Do not eat or drink while driving.
- Avoid looking at maps or directions while driving. Using a hands free device like a GPS can be better.
However, if you do use a map, pull into a parking lot to get your bearings and determine where you need to go next to reach your final destination. All of these tips are ways to take care of yourself and others while on the road. Keeping your focus can be the difference between a wreck or safe roads for everyone.